Sunday, June 20, 2010

So I have been researching about depression the past few days. There are many causes of depression, but one states "worrying about one's future", and there are other symptoms like loss of memory and inability to concentrate (experiencing both right now).

I thought about it, and I realized I'm always worried about my future. At first, I wanted to do art. Then I realized I don't have THAT much passion for it. Then, I thought about music. I love it alot but I don't know if I'm good enough to do composing or even perform, and I'm afraid I might lose interest in it as well.

Then my friend told me I shouldn't let myself be limited by what I'm good at, because I'll regret it. That's true, because I know I regret not taking lit though I'll like it just because I didn't take it in secondary 4 and doubted my abilities. I would have been happier studying lit than econs. Definitely.

Then I thought about psychology. I've always been interested about these things about the human mind, and philosophy too. But I know I'm probably not good enough to study philosophy and psychology involves maths and I'm not sure if that will deter me from studying more. I don't know, but I've always been interested. Problem is, its not easy to get it given my current grades.


I'm constantly thinking about what I'm good at and what I can do in the future.

No comments: